Today was an excellent day. Nothing big happened, exactly, but there were a lot of little moments that added up to just a whole bunch of awesome. I used to regularly blog (back when everyone had LiveJournals) good things and found that it helped to center me. It helped me to appreciate those little moments that much more.
Since today was overflowing with bright spots, here’s A Happy Dozen:
1. Figuring out that two rolls of sushi can satisfy a craving as well as twice that many, but for less money and less calories.
2. Getting the master closet purged and organized. It’s glorious!
Bonus: Dropping all of the donation stuff off within 24 hours rather than allowing it to languish around the house.
3. Having my husband home from work earlier than usual.
4. Confirming that I’ve gone down a size in tops, and it wasn’t just a fluke of the blouse I bought last week.
5. Finally replacing a 10-year old hideous, ripped, over-sized fleece pullover – and for a lovely low price! Thanks, Target!
6. Staying on top of household chores, thus allowing me to relax and feel accomplished with my time.
7. Falling in love with Once Upon a Time. Thanks, FiOS OnDemand!
8. A new Nora Roberts book to read on the plane next week.
9. Folding fitted sheets into perfectly flat and lovely rectangles.
Bonus: Storing fitted, flat, and pillowcases inside a single pillowcase from the set. No more misplaced cases and toppling piles of haphazard sheets!
10. Finding the Christmas ornament I purchased in Scotland in 2009… and promptly lost.
11. Getting my daughter’s closet purged and organized, all of the old stuff stored away. We’re leading up to a bedroom re-do for her and having those little things done will help ease the way.
12. Bones is back!
What’s on your Good Things list?